The Stages of a Quote
A draft Quote is a work in progress, the customer cannot see a Quote at this stage.
- A draft can be permanently deleted, under 'Actions'.
Sent (Awaiting Acceptance)
A Quote has been sent to the customer, awaiting their acceptance. The Quote will expire automatically on the Quote expiry date. A Quote Author can:
A customer has accepted your Quote. To do so, they must have checked the 'I accept' checkbox before clicking the 'Accept Quote' button.
- If circumstances change, the Quote Author has the ability to undo the accepted status.
- A customer can view an expired Quote but they may no longer accept it.
- A Quote Author can edit and resend an expired Quote. The expiry date will automatically be reset.
A customer may decline a Quote, and they are required to enter feedback before declining.
- A customer can still view a declined Quote, but they cannot accept it.
- If circumstances change, a Quote Author has the ability to undo the declined status.
You can withdraw a Quote at any stage, apart from those in draft, and those being edited. Once a Quote has been withdrawn:
- The customer can no longer see any of the Quote detail, i.e. Price Items and Text Items.
- Quote values are not counted in your Dashboard stats.
- A Quote Author can undo the withdrawn status.
This is the final stage of all Quotes. Archiving a Quote is a way to cross it off your list – say when the service has been completed or the product has been shipped.
- Archiving a Quote will remove it from your Dashboard.
- Archived Quotes are searchable in 'Quotes'. You can also filter by current or archived Quotes only.
- An archived Quote can still be accepted, so long as it hasn't expired.
- A Quote will archive automatically when it expires or it is withdrawn.
Next Article: Ask a Question, Comments and Private Notes →