Leads – Getting Started
What is Leads?
Your customers can send a new request online, directly to you – and into Quotient, ready to be converted into a Quote.
There are a number of ways to get new Leads into Quotient:
- Share your Lead Form link directly with potential customers.
- Embed your Lead Form as HTML within your website.
- Use Zapier to generate Leads from other sources.
Your Lead Form
You can enable your own personalized Lead Form in Settings > Leads. From here you can choose to show/hide certain fields, and modify text – such as the introduction, footer, and confirmation screen message.
What can be included on your Lead Form?
- Message, name, and email
- Company (optional)
- Phone (optional)
- File upload (optional)
- An invisible captcha, to prevent spam
Share your Lead Form
You can share your Lead Form URL with anyone. It’s a publicly accessible web page, hosted as part of your Quotient account. Here are some ways to share it:
- Create a simple link from the contact page on your own website.
- Post it on social media (see how to add to Facebook).
- Include the link in your email newsletter templates.
- Place a link in your email signature.
Embed as HTML in your own website
You (or your web designer) can also embed your Lead Form in your website by including a small piece of code in your HTML.
Your unique code can be found in Settings > Leads > Embed into your website…
- Hit the ‘See the code…’ link.
- Copy the code to your clipboard.
- Paste the code into your HTML, where you'd like your Lead Form to appear.
To allow for a seamless look, your logo, background color, and footer are excluded when your Lead Form is embedded. The Lead Form is responsive, which means its width will automatically shrink to the surrounding container width.
Styles and appearance
The style and appearance of your Lead Form has been designed to match your Quotes. If you make changes in Settings > Layout, Style and Company Information, these changes will automatically update the look of your Lead Form.
Working with Leads
New Leads have a default status of ‘Open Lead’. Leads can be accessed from the link on your Dashboard, or directly from the link in a New Lead Email Notification (if enabled).
When viewing a Lead you can:
- Edit it: Give it a potential value, assign it to a Team Member, or add some notes.
- Convert it to a Quote: This also creates a Contact, or matches to an existing Contact by email address.
- Dismiss it: If you decide that it’s not necessary to create a Quote.
If a Lead is converted to a Quote, you can view the Lead details from within that Quote. When editing a Quote the Lead details appear at the top of the Quote, with the ability to hide/show. After a Quote has been sent, the Lead details can be accessed from under the ‘All Activity’ link.
Custom Lead Forms with Zapier
If you require a little more than what the Quotient Lead Form offers (i.e. you may want to have more than one form or to include other custom fields) you can build your own form and get Leads into Quotient using Zapier.
Additionally, here's how to capture address details with Leads using Zapier.
Next Article: Webhooks →