Leads – Getting Started
What is Leads?
Your customers can send a new request online, directly to you – and into Quotient, ready to be converted into a Quote.
There are a number of ways to use your Lead Form:
- Share your Lead Form link directly with potential customers.
- Embed your Lead Form as HTML within your website.
- Use Zapier to Create Leads from other sources.
You can enable your own personalized Lead Form in Settings > Leads. From here you can choose to show/hide certain fields, and modify text – such as the introduction, footer, and confirmation screen message.
Share your Lead Form
You can share your Lead Form URL with anyone. It’s a publicly accessible web page, hosted as part of your Quotient account. Here are some ways to share it:
- Create a simple link from the contact page on your own website.
- Post it on social media (see how to add to Facebook).
- Include the link in your email newsletter templates.
- Place a link in your email signature.
Embed as HTML into your own website
You can also embed your Lead Form in your website by including a small piece of code in your HTML. Your unique code can be found in Settings > Leads > Embed in your website.
To allow for a seamless look, your logo, background color, and footer is excluded when your Lead Form is embedded.
The Lead Form is responsive, which means its width will automatically shrink to the surrounding container width.
How to add HTML code to:
Styles and appearance
The style and appearance of your Lead Form has been designed to match your Quotes. If you make changes in Settings > Layout, Style and Company Information, these changes will automatically update the look of your Lead Form.
If you want a completely custom HTML form, you can build your own and use create Quotient Leads using Zapier.
Working with Leads
New Leads have a default status of ‘Open Lead’. Leads can be accessed from the link on your Dashboard, or directly from the link in a New Lead Email Notification (if enabled).
When viewing a Lead you can:
- Edit it: Give it a potential value, assign it to a Team Member, or add some notes.
- Convert it to a Quote: This also creates a Contact, or matches to an existing Contact by email address.
- Dismiss it: If you decide that it’s not necessary to create a Quote.
If a Lead is converted to a Quote, you can view the Lead details from within that Quote. When editing a Quote the Lead details appear at the top of the Quote, with the ability to hide/show. After a Quote has been sent, the Lead details can be accessed from under the ‘All Activity’ link.
Use Zapier to Create New Leads
You can use the New Lead Action to create new Leads in Quotient. Learn more about Zapier and Quotient.
Next Article: Webhooks →