QuickBooks Online – Getting Connected
Quotient integrates seamlessly with QuickBooks Online. You can lookup your QuickBooks customers and QuickBooks products/services when creating Quotes. These are real-time lookups, meaning they work seamlessly alongside Quotient’s own powerful Contacts and Template Items.
Best of all, once a Quote has been accepted, an invoice can be created automatically in QuickBooks.
Connect to QuickBooks
- Click on your Account Name (on the top-right of your Dashboard), then go to Settings > Add-ons > QuickBooks.
- Hit Enable for one of the services you require i.e. Create Invoices.
- Sign in to Intuit (QuickBooks), select which company you’d like Quotient to access and hit Authorize. You’ll be redirected back to Quotient.
- Hit Enable for any other services you require.
An 'open' invoice can be created in QuickBooks from an accepted Quote:
- automatically when the Quote is accepted; or
- automatically when the Quote is archived (this is the default); or
- manually using the 'Create invoice' button.
How to enable QuickBooks Invoices
- Under 'Create invoices' hit ‘Enable’.
- Confirm when accepted Quotes are sent to QuickBooks, the invoice terms (invoice due date) and what's included on the invoices, hit 'Save, next: Match Detail'.
- Match your QuickBooks categories and tax rates to those which are in Quotient using the appropriate drop-downs, hit ‘Save’.
In Quotient there is a 'No tax' rate, which will need to be matched to any tax rate in QuickBooks.
Learn more about Matching Categories.
Displayed on the invoice is the Quote Title, customer order/reference number, a permanent link back to your quote for easy future reference and all accepted Price Items (including Unit Price, Quantity and Heading). There's also the option to include the Long Description text on the invoice.
Contacts are sent to QuickBooks when an invoice is created. If a customer already exists in QuickBooks, Quotient will NOT replace or update the customer or relevant customer information. Contacts are matched by customer display name.
When adding Contacts to Quotes you can include your QuickBooks customers in lookup results. QuickBooks customers are indicated with a QuickBooks logo.
Once you select a QuickBooks customer it will be saved (copied) into Quotient Contacts. Note that only a person's name, email and company name are saved.
How to enable QuickBooks Customer Lookups
- Under 'Lookup Customers' hit ‘Enable’.
- Your QuickBooks customers will now appear in the lookup results.
QuickBooks customers must have these fields populated to be included in the lookup results:
- First name
When adding Price Items to Quotes you can include QuickBooks products/services in lookup results. QuickBooks products/services are indicated with a QuickBooks logo.
How to enable QuickBooks Products/Services Lookups
- Under 'Lookup products/services' hit ‘Enable’.
- Your QuickBooks products/services will now appear in the lookup results.
Quotient does not create or update QuickBooks products/services.
Field matches (for lookups):
|From QuickBooks||To Quotient|
|Name||Product or Service Heading|
|Sales information||Long Description|
- QuickBooks Online – Useful things to know
- Matching Quotient Categories to QuickBooks Income Accounts
Next Article: MailChimp →