Two-Factor (also known as 2FA or MFA) adds optional security to your account. Once setup, you’ll enter your password AND a special code from an app on your phone. That means someone would need to know your email address, password AND have access to your phone to be able to sign in to your account.
Enable Two-Factor Authentication
- First, install an Authenticator App on your phone, such as:
- Go to Personal Settings → Two-Factor Authentication → Begin Setup.
- Add Quotient to your Authenticator App.
- Choose 3 Security Questions. These will help to verify your identity should you not have access to your authenticator app.
Now when you sign in to Quotient you’ll be prompted to enter the 6-digit code from your authenticator app.
Disable Two-Factor Authentication
- Go to Personal Settings → Two-Factor Authentication → View Devices.
- Hit ‘Disable…’
- Enter either your 6-digit Authentication Code, or select ‘Or answer your Security Questions’, then hit ‘Continue’.
When signing in, you can check the box next to ‘Trust this device’, meaning you’ll only need to enter the 6-digit code once for that device. Your trusted devices are listed in Personal Settings → Two-Factor Authentication → View Devices.
Two-Factor For All
There’s an account-wide setting, that will prompt all Team Members in an account to set up Two-Factor Authentication (if they haven’t already).
This can be enabled in Account Settings → Two-Factor For All.