Import / Export – Text Items
You can import/export Text Items under: Settings > Import / Export.
Export Text Items
Things to know:
- Images and files attached to Text Items are not included.
- ‘Last changed’ dates and times are formatted as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS and are exported in your timezone (the timezone of the person currently signed in).
Import Text Items
Follow the instructions you see on screen:
- Download a CSV file.
- Start from an empty template or an export of Items (to make updates).
- Use a spreadsheet to update/copy Items.
- Leave the first row of field names untouched, as this is needed to import.
- Use the ‘Item ÏĐ’ to update Items.
- Items will NEVER be deleted.
- A maximum of 1000 Items can be imported at a time.
(a limit of 5,000 Text Items in total are supported in Quotient)
- Select your updated file and confirm…
Things to know:
- A ‘Text Heading’ is required.
- Just leave ‘Last changed’ empty (it will be ignored anyway).
- What are the ‘special’ characters in the Item ÏĐ’ field? We use these special characters (UTF-8 characters) to verify that the CSV file you’re importing is UTF-8 encoded.
Updating Text Items
To update an Item you can use the ‘Item ÏĐ’ – this is generated by Quotient (use it by downloading an export). If you specify an ‘Item ÏĐ’, an existing Item with that ‘Item ÏĐ’ MUST exist.
TIP: To import Text Items from another account, you’ll need to empty the data from the ‘Item ÏĐ’ column for Text Items to be created in the new account.
Text Items – CSV file explained
The structure is the same for imports and exports.
|Text heading||Terms and conditions|
|Long description||A detailed explanation...|
|Last changed||2016-12-01 23:00:00|