Import / Export – An Overview
You can find all options for importing/exporting data, under: Settings > Import / Export.
Find specific help on:
Google Sheets is recommended
To make life easier, when preparing your data, we recommend using Google Sheets as it works out-of-the-box.
If you’re using Microsoft Excel, ensure it’s the latest version – and when saving, make sure the open ‘UTF-8 encoded CSV’ is checked.
CSV format (if you’re not using Google Sheets):
- Comma separated.
- Enclosed with double quotes.
- Escaped with double quotes.
- The first row must contain the correct field names.
- Encoded in UTF-8 format.
- … or just use Google Sheets :)
If your original file has been saved in a format other than UTF-8 format, it may not be possible to undo (some special letters will be 'corrupted') – in this case you may need to start-over from a fresh export or template/example file.
- A maximum of 1,000 rows can be imported at a time. A limit of 5,000 (of either Contacts, Price Items or Text Items) is supported in Quotient.
- The CSV file must not exceed 10MB.