Import / Export – Contacts
You can export/import Contacts under Settings > Import / Export (Administrators only).
Note the following export limitations:
- The first phone number only is included in the export (if there’s more than one).
- The first address only is included in the export (if there’s more than one).
Things to know:
- ‘Last changed’ dates and times are formatted as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS and are exported in your timezone (the timezone of the person currently signed in).
Follow the instructions you see on screen:
- Download a CSV file.
- Start from an empty template.
- Leave the first row of field names untouched, as this is needed to import.
- Contacts will NEVER be deleted.
- A maximum of 1000 Contacts can be imported at
(a limit of 5,000 contacts in total are supported in Quotient)
Things to know:
- Updating Contacts is not supported.
- To create a person, ‘First name’ AND ‘Email’ are required fields.
- To create a company, simply leave ‘First name’ and ‘Last name’ empty.
- Just leave ‘Contact ÏĐ’ empty (it will be ignored anyway).
- Just leave ‘Last changed’ empty (it will be ignored anyway).
- What are the ‘special’ characters in the ‘Contact ÏĐ’ field? We use these special characters (UTF-8 characters) to verify that the CSV file you’re importing is UTF-8 encoded.
Contacts, CSV file explained
The structure is the same for imports and exports.
|Company name||Apples Inc.|
|Phone||0123 1234 5678|
|Address||123 Ferrybank Drive|
|Last changed||2016-12-01 23:00:00|
Changes to export fields - 5 December 2016:
- REMOVED column: ‘Person or Company’.
- MOVED column: ‘Company’ now AFTER ‘Last name’.